Marketing Analytics Lead (London or Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
We are looking for an experienced data analytics expert to assist with tracking and evaluating our marketing performance and customer insights analysis. This person will work closely with marketing to drive business outcomes through thoughtful experimentation and analysis. KPI tracking, customer segmentation and forecasting should be skills in your analytics toolkit. We are also looking for a strong communicator with the ability to visualise data and story-tell to a wider audience.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the prioritisation and planning of marketing analysis and reporting.
- Create and evolve marketing reporting dashboards, working collaboratively with Marketing and Growth teams to define KPIs to be tracked.
- Work with marketing teams to help manage and administer the many sources of analytics data from an array of marketing platforms.
- Act as the link between marketing and data to help define and manage the ETL processes from marketing platforms into our database.
- Identify the appropriate data sources and statistical techniques required to assist the Marketing teams to track against KPIs.
- Perform quantitative analysis and customer insights analytics to inform marketing targeting and spending.
- Regularly test hypotheses in order to optimise marketing spend at scale.
- Experienced in data analytics, ideally supporting a marketing team:
Proficient in using SQL in a business environment.
Experience using visualisation tools to present results of analysis to wider teams. Specific experience of using Lookr would be an advantage.
Experience of RFM and/or LTV model development.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.