Customer Relations Team Member (London)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Our aim is to give customers clarity and control over their money, by allowing customers to manage it entirely through the Starling banking app. The app is connected to 24/7/365 support - and there are opportunities to join our Customer Relations team on a full time (5 shifts per week) or part time (minimum 20 hours per week) basis, just let us know what works best for you. Got plans and need a night off? Shift swaps are available!
- Investigating customer complaints and responding to customers with the outcome.
- Providing exceptional customer service via phone and email.
- Showing ownership and accountability for offering solutions to help and benefit our customers.
- Maintaining high service standards and continually improving the service to our customers.
- Responding to customer complaints and escalating issues as necessary.
- Supporting continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre.
- Actively seeking to improve processes and workflows.
- Working well within a dynamic team environment.
- Investigating and resolving issues whilst proactively seeking solutions.
- Experience in financial services, in a customer-focussed complaints handling role.
- A working knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements for complaints handling, including DISP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A great eye for detail and an ability to handle investigations with complex issues.
- A team player who is also able to work independently to deliver in a fast-paced work environment.
- The ability to meet deadlines in line with our complaint handling processes
- A genuine commitment to exceptional customer service.
Offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory passing of background checks covering both your financial and criminal history.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site