Customer Service Team Member (Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Our aim is to give customers clarity and control over their money, by allowing customers to manage it entirely through the Starling banking app. The app is connected to 24/7/365 support - and there are opportunities to join our team on a number of bases; full time or part time in our 24/7, overnight or evening teams.
We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking.
The Customer Service Team’s responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional customer service via phone, email, live chat and social media.
- Showing ownership and accountability for offering solutions to help and benefit our customers.
- Maintaining high service standards and continually improving the service to our customers.
- Responding to customer complaints and escalating issues as necessary.
- Supporting continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre.
- Actively seeking to improve processes and workflows.
- Working well within a dynamic team environment.
- Investigating and resolving issues whilst proactively seeking solutions.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to balance workload and deal with multiple priorities.
- Aptitude to work with a team in a changing environment.
Offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory passing of background checks covering both your financial and criminal history.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site