Credit Operations Team Member (London)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are currently looking to build up our Credit Operations team, who will help provide the back office support needed for our Lending team. We are looking for people to support us with the following:
- Helping to monitor and manage our customers’ accounts as they make changes to their lending and product suite with Starling
- Liaising with the Lending team to make the necessary changes to customer accounts, which will include adjustments to customers’ overdraft limits, marking interest rates and making credit reference file changes.
- Monitoring and handling account administration, closures and insolvencies.
- Helping the Lending team to investigate customer queries as required.
- Documenting new processes and helping to identify areas for continuous improvement
- A team player who is also able to work independently to deliver in a fast-paced work environment.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to act with urgency and escalate issues as necessary.
- Drive to identify opportunities for improvement, and proactivity to improve processes and workflow as needed
- Experience in operational roles that support credit and lending for both personal and business accounts
- Ability to liaise with different teams and stakeholders
Offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory passing of background checks covering both your financial and criminal history.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site