PMO Analyst - SME
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we are an established player, supporting more than 500,000 customers, including more than 30,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking
We have recently been awarded £100m from the “Capability and Innovation Fund” grant to grow our SME bank. You can join us and be at the forefront of our growing, cutting-edge SME business, and help us disrupt the banking industry by providing better service and more advanced products to our customers. This role will focus on project management and steering for the SME bank, and on preparing the specific reports and evidence of progress in this area for the awarding body, the BCR (“Banking Competition Remedies”). You will be surrounded by an entrepreneurial culture where we value your ideas and work directly with the bank’s senior leaders. Join our team in making our SME bank even better!
- Support the Project Manager in maintaining our SME bank’s governance framework and preparing the relevant reports
- Work with our SME leadership, supporting their initiatives and helping them steer our SME bank as it grows
- Assist with preparing quarterly reports covering spend, KPIs, and progress narratives by collecting and analysing data from across our SME bank
- Work across large number of stakeholders covering all functions of the bank, as well as a third party programme assurance team. This role will require exceptional stakeholder management skills and flexibility, as you will become embedded in our SME bank
- Establish key project checkpoints to be monitored and controlled by the Project Manager
- Provide status reports to the Project Manager showing the progress against plans, ensuring the project remains in scope and that all risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies (RAIDs) are reported against the project plans
- 1-3 years of experience from a top consulting firm, bank or digital organisation
- Experience in end-to-end project management
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Highly adaptable to changing priorities and capable of quick decision making
- Highly organised, able to deliver reliably to deadlines
- Calm and resilient under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to take initiative and deal with ambiguity
- Pragmatic and good at working collaboratively with others
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
It would be great if you also have:
- Knowledge of agile methodology and principles
- Project Management certification (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Experience working in the Financial Services sector
- Experience of delivering digital technology
- Experience working directly with senior leadership teams (include C-suite)
- Experience of working in a startup environment
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site