Customer Service Trainer (Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We offer 24/7/365 support for our app and are now looking for Customer Service Trainers to help coach our contact centre employees, and ensure that our service continues to be best in class.
Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager, responsibilities include:
- Facilitating and delivering training programmes to new and existing employees, which will include coaching on systems, processes and soft skills.
- Helping to develop training materials for new starters and existing team members in the Contact Centre.
- Encouraging participation from employees in ongoing training programmes.
- Helping to analyse learning outcomes to show success of learning programmes.
- Ongoing coaching to employees in the Contact Centre to ensure high quality service.
- Experience in a Training or Learning & Development role in a Financial Services company (preferably within a Contact Centre environment).
- Experience building training programmes and materials.
- A hands-on approach - someone who is happy to roll their sleeves up and get 'stuck in'.
- Outstanding facilitation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to deliver and meet deadlines in a flexible, organic, fast-paced environment.
Offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory passing of background checks covering both your financial and criminal history.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site