Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are now looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join us and support our growth.
- Monitoring and updating the budget and forecast both annually and quarterly.
- Questioning and interrogating reasons behind Variances to the budget, and proposing changes.
- Preparation of Monthly Management reporting packs, and weekly MI.
- Partnering with other areas of the business to ensure inputs to the model are reasonable and accurate.
- Previous banking experience is essential, with at least 3 years post qualified experience in a Bank or other regulated Financial Services company.
- A recognised accounting qualification.
- Very strong excel skills with the ability to take ownership of the business model and improve it, also automate some of the reporting by pulling data from different applications.
- Solid financial accounting skills, including ability to analyse and interpret variances.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial systems and procedures including the ability to extract and manipulate data.
- Effective financial management skills, including budgetary control, variance analysis and re-forecasting.
- Ability to analyse margins, understand factors that influence them and forecast expected margins based on those factors.
- Strong communication and business partnering skills.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (A gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options