Head of SME Implementation
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 775,000 accounts, including over 59,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £500m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office. We’re creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Reporting to the Head of Lending, we are looking for a Head of SME Implementation to own and manage the delivery of the Banks SME Lending product suite. This is a key role in supporting the growth of a sustainable SME lending portfolio across the Bank.
- The successful delivery of new SME lending products for both Sole Traders and registered companies.
- Contribute to and influence the design and specification of SME lending products.
- The development and execution of a change management process to facilitate successful product launches.
- The coordination and facilitation of enterprise functions across product launches including Compliance, Risk, Distribution, Operations and Product.
- The creation and implementation of portfolio disciplines for new products.
- Creation and implementation of product delivery strategies that will drive, enhance and simplify customer experiences.
- Liaise with key stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure successful delivery of new SME Lending products/enhancements of existing products.
- Support Commercial team in the delivery of SME Lending product suite to both existing and new sales channels.
- Quality assurance and post implementation monitoring of new products, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement as appropriate at both operational and executive level.
- React to and anticipate regulatory changes impacting delivery of SME lending products; developing contingency plans and strategic responses to potential change in the delivery of SME Lending products.
- Sourcing, onboarding and management of 3rd party suppliers to support the delivery of our SME Lending product suite to the market.
- Proven track record in the delivery of an SME Bank product suite.
- Technical knowledge regarding the intricacies of SME lending products evidence by prior work experience.
- Knowledge of the SME environment and customer needs desirable but not essential.
- Experience working alongside credit, technology, compliance, commercial and operations functions in the delivery of an SME Lending product suite.
- Experience in project management and product implementation.
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Highly organised, with the ability to deliver to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience working in a growing business environment.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site.