SME Credit Portfolio Manager (London or Cardiff)
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we’re an established player, supporting more than 775,000 customers, including more than 59,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are looking for a SME Credit Portfolio Manager with a passion for data and driving customer outcomes. An individual that is comfortable with working at all levels, from getting their hands dirty with data manipulation to co-ordinating and owning the credit risk strategy framework for SME.
- Own, design, optimise, and maintain the SME automated credit decisioning strategies, including credit policy rules, affordability assessment and scorecard development
- Own, design, optimise, and maintain the account management strategy for SME lending
- Own, design, and maintain the management information providing value-add analytics and insights culminating in actionable recommendations to optimise the SME portfolio performance
- Articulately communicate actionable insights to senior management
- Build and manage internal and external partnership relationships to ensure effective delivery of projects
- Be seen as a leader and influence and guide colleagues across a range of abilities
- Work closely with operational and technology teams
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site.