SME Cards and Payments Manager
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we’re an established player, supporting more than 675,000 customers, including more than 54,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are now looking for a SME Cards and Payments Manager to join us and support our growth.
- Providing commercial design and financial expertise for Credit Card propositions for SMEs.
- Providing knowledge and expertise of the payments industry (including banking, mobile, internet, card and other payments) in the context of the relevant regulatory and legal framework.
- Stakeholder management engaging effectively and regularly with internal and external stakeholders
- Market and competitor awareness to inform the proposition development and Starling’s position as a bank that builds fair, transparent and better value propositions.
- Providing payment SME level guidance in support of Testing Strategy and planning
- Providing the bridge between the Bank’s, payment developments and the wider Operational Finance operating model to ensure they remain complementation and aligned.
- Providing input to the proposed digital card features in mobile apps via new APIs
- Providing input to the proposed digital pay solutions and development of mobile payments strategy
- Experience in the UK payments market
- Experience in the UK cards market
- SME market knowledge desirable but not essential
- Strong collaboration skills with an ability to drive tasks to completion in a lead role
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence people across the organisation
- Proactive, collaborative and dynamic operating style
- Good customer facing experience, working across multiple levels within an organisation
- Considerable experience of managing external agencies e.g. Card Schemes, C&CCC, Faster Payments, CHAPs, BACs, Card Schemes etc should also be demonstrated.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site.