Team Member - SME
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we are an established player, supporting more than 600,000 customers, including more than 45,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking.
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
The SME team is growing and we are now looking for someone to join us as a generalist, working across all areas of the business.
Some of the things you will be responsible for are:
- Overall management and coordination of a number of projects across different areas of the business.
- Improving processes that are fundamental to the operation of the bank
- Coordinating and supporting marketing campaigns
- Analysing data making recommendations and creating reports
- Keeping track of budgets, project plans and opportunities
- Owning projects to improve operational efficiency
- Managing partner relationships
- Organising and attending events on behalf of Starling
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organised, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
This role would likely suit someone with at least 2 years professional experience and a background in financial or professional services, but we are open to candidates with a range of backgrounds. The main thing is that you are a self-starter, have a proven track record of delivering projects to benefit customers and an analytical approach, and are keen to get stuck in, learn, and be part of creating the best business bank.
We don’t have a long list of previous experience required, but some of the things that would help make you successful in this role are:
- Motivated, focussed and able to own your projects.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with teams across the business.
- Data driven and high attention to detail.
- Creative and can-do attitude to solving problems
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (A gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options