Head of Growth - SME
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we are an established player, supporting more than 600,000 customers, including more than 45,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Working closely with the Product & Engineering teams, the Head of Growth for our SME Bank will optimise and drive the growth of our SME business.
You’ll have a passion for building customer insights through iterative testing of creative and channel. You'll analyse and understand performance, adapting to the insights as you go.
You'll have a blend of strong digital marketing, marketing analytics, business development and operations experience with a track record of delivering measurable, profitable growth.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Execute our growth strategy based on strong data analytics
- Coordinate and execute growth programmes to optimise revenue generation
- Quantify and understand progress against goals; develop reporting metrics to share with the team
- Provide Product with customer insight and an understanding of user needs, habits and perceptions
- Capture and champion ideas for product requests that will improve performance
- Work closely with Engineering, Design, Marketing and Product to deliver improvements that drive growth
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and developments in marketing
- Proven achievements driving revenue, marketing performance and/or customer growth
- Sector experience in Tech and/or Financial Services with either an engineering or product background, not solely agency or creative
- Ability to apply data analysis skills to a role with operational responsibility, making rapid, data-driven decisions
- Understanding of how to build models to forecast results and design effective experiments
- Creative and results focused
- A real passion for technology
- Keen to get hands on; ‘think, make and do’
- Exceptional command of data and its tangible application to user acquisition
- Comfortable within an ambiguous environment - this job description covers the basics, but the role will grow with time
- A proven team player, collaborative, straightforward and flexible, with superior communication skills
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site