Digital Marketing Director (London)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company.We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Reporting into the Chief Growth Officer, we're looking for a Digital Marketing Director to develop a world-class Digital Marketing strategy that drives customer growth, retention and LTV. We've grown fast with the support of our team members but as we continue on this track we need someone with experience, enthusiasm and passion to lead on our digital channels, including PPC, Affiliates, Display, Paid and Organic Social. If you're interested in making banking better for everyone and are ready for a leadership role within a fintech with big ambitions, we want to hear from you.
- Lead and inspire the Digital team (currently nine full time employees and growing)
- Develop and implement the digital marketing strategy, ensuring an integrated and consistent approach to reaching audiences across a wide range of channels
- Establish a customer lifecycle approach, balancing significant new customer growth with a retention strategy that builds longevity and LTV
- Obsess about performance metrics, constantly testing and optimising to improve results. KPIs include app installs, CPA, CPI, New customers, Customer LTV etc
- Lead on Starling’s AdTech and MarTech agenda, ensuring we utilise the best tools to streamline activity and improve results
- Work with the Brand and Data Science teams to define the audience strategy, putting this into practice across channels
- Work closely with the Brand team to define the content and social media strategy, as well as supporting campaigns and events
- Develop an integrated SEM strategy, together with the SEO team, to ensure a joined-up approach to search
- Collaborate across the bank on innovative marketing campaigns for all product and feature launches
- Be the digital marketing expert for the bank, providing context to the numbers and demystifying often complex subjects
- 12+ years experience in growing and leading digital marketing teams, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Marketing technologist with the ability to balance data with creativity
- Innovative thinker with a passion for positive change
- A deep knowledge of digital and mobile marketing best practice
- Experience of working in a brand-led business is a plus
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site