Real Time Analyst (Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We offer 24/7/365 support for our app and are now looking for Real Time Analysts to ensure that the Planned Resource Levels are met and maintained.
The Real Time Analyst's responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the deployment of the appropriate staffing levels so that the Contact Centre can achieve its Service Level (SL) and Key performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Adjusting day to day forecasts and staffing levels dependent upon staff availability (such as sickness and over time) and changes to business drivers (marketing, system stability etc.).
- Monitoring incoming volumes across all queues to ensure the most appropriate staffing levels are set in a dynamic working environment.
- Running and analysing reports throughout the day, and making recommendations to stakeholders based upon those reports accordingly to achieve SL and KPIs.
- Completing root-cause analysis to explain forecast variance, and analysing trends and recommending changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness.
- Maintaining and documenting any requests and exceptions, updating schedules and responding to escalated issues.
- Providing help and expertise to all projects that are implemented in the Contact Centre to ensure smooth running from a resource perspective.
- A good knowledge of contact centre metrics and their calculation.
- A good knowledge of WFM software and its application in contact centres.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Intermediate Excel skills (able to create macros, create pivot tables and apply common excel functions i.e. Vlookup, Index and Match etc.)
- Experience working in an environment that manages multiple channels and priorities.
- Experience working in a high-volume Contact Centre.
- Experience using an ACD system and an understanding of the different strategies involved in call avoidance.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site