Business Banking Specialist (Cardiff)
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we’re an established player, supporting more than 825,000 customers, including more than 66,000 SME accounts.
This year we secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling's ambition.
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Our aim is to give businesses clarity and control over their money, by allowing customers to manage it entirely through the Starling Bank app. The app is connected to 24/7/365 support - and there are opportunities to join our team on a number of bases; full time or part time in our 24/7, overnight or evening teams.
Our team of Business Specialists are there to help our business customers reach their full potential. Working within our contact centres, you will be talking directly to our SME customers and assisting with their specialist needs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our SME customers to help resolve complex business-related questions and servicing queries.
- Talking to our SME customers about how to manage, optimise and grow their business, from managing cashflow to securing lending.
- Knowing our Starling product suite so you can guide SME customer conversations, providing information on the features and benefits of products available to our business customers.
- Introducing customers to Starling’s Product Specialist team to help meet customers’ specialist product needs.
- Collating feedback from our business customers on new product features and improvements that would better meet their needs.
- Coaching members of our Customer Service Team within the contact centres, sharing your knowledge on how best to support business customers, to help manage frequent incoming SME enquiries.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for process improvement and supporting training for other Business Specialists.
- Experience supporting business banking customers - either in a contact centre, bank branch or relationship management role
- Great relationship management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and quickly adapt to change.
- Good understanding of business banking customer needs, confidence in providing guidance to SME owners.
- Willing to work weekend / overnight shifts.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site.