Project Lead - SME Banking Delivery (London)
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we’re an established player, supporting more than 775,000 customers, including more than 59,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking.
This role will focus on project management and steering for the SME bank, and on preparing the specific reports and evidence of progress in this area for the awarding body, the BCR (“Banking Competition Remedies”).
You will be surrounded by an entrepreneurial culture where we value your ideas and collaboratively shape the direction of our SME bank with our leadership team. Join our team in making our SME bank even better!
- Maintain and continuously evolve our SME bank’s governance framework and reporting rhythm, managing committees (SME Steerco, SME Exco) and preparing relevant reports.
- Work directly with our SME leadership, supporting their initiatives and updating them on the progress. You will be an integral part of the team, and would need to help them steer and drive the initiative forward
- Work across large number of stakeholders covering all functions of the bank, as well as a third party programme assurance team. This role will require exceptional stakeholder management skills and flexibility, as you will become embedded in our SME bank.
- Oversee the critical government-mandated reporting cycle conducted on a quarterly basis to evidence spend and progress against the committed business case for growing our SME bank.
- Prepare quarterly reports covering spend, KPIs, and progress narratives by collecting and analysing data from across our SME bank.
- Manage a small project office team, providing stretch opportunities and coaching to ensure talent development.
- Demonstrable experience leading cross functional client projects within a large consulting firm
- Comfortable with gathering, processing and interpreting large amounts of data
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Highly adaptable to changing priorities and capable of quick decision making
- Ability to work autonomously and function well in a fast-paced startup environment
- High level of initiative and responsibility with a dedication to quality and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site