Regulatory Reporting Manager (Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 675,000 accounts, including over 54,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £500m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to hire up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are looking for a new Regulatory Reporting Manager to join our growing team in Southampton. The role is wide and varied so a broad range of banking skills are desired. This will include strong technical accounting skills, financial modelling, knowledge of banking transactions and payments systems and experience of Gabriel & OSCA. Treasury product knowledge and experience of foreign currency accounting would also be advantageous.
- Work as part of the team on all regulatory returns, including COREP, FINREP & Bank of England returns
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Business on changes to the regulatory environment.
- Promoting Governance and Control
- Coaching and management of staff
- Previous banking experience is essential, with at least 3 years post qualified experience in a Bank or other regulated Financial Services company
- A recognised accounting qualification
- Very strong excel skills with the ability to take ownership of the business model and improve it, also automate some of the reporting by pulling data from different applications
- Solid financial accounting skills, including ability to analyse and interpret variances
- Knowledge and understanding of financial systems and procedures including the ability to extract and manipulate data
- Effective financial management skills, including budgetary control, variance analysis and reforecasting
- Previous experience of Statutory accounts and regulatory submissions and disclosures for Banks
- Ability to analyse margins, understand factors that influence them and forecast expected margins based on those factors
- Possess an understanding of treasury products and the associated accounting standards
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site