Head of Social Media
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We’re now looking to up our social media strategy with a Head of Social Media. We’ve grown fast with the support of our team members but as we continue on this track we need someone with experience, enthusiasm and passion to lead on our social media channels, content strategy and social marketing.
If you’re interested in making banking better for everyone and are ready for a leadership role in social media within a fintech with big ambitions, we want to hear from you.
- Lead and manage the social media team (currently two full time employees)
- Devise and lead on the social media strategy and content strategy for the social media channels
- Be responsible for and manage the social media channels, their growth and day to day maintenance
- Lead on reporting for the social media channels and provide regular feedback on metrics and ways to improve them to meet agreed KPIs and strategy
- Collaborate across the bank on innovative marketing campaigns for all products and feature launches
- Work with the leadership team to develop their social media presence and help them act as advocates for the bank
- Be the social media expert for the bank and advise on marketing, content, platforms and channels as required.
- Experience in working in a social media team, particularly having covered:
- Data analysis - what metrics are important?
- Social media management tools
- Driving social media organically is important
- People management experience an advantage
- Financial sector experience also an advantage, although a passion for making banking better for customers is most important
- Creativity and innovative thinking in terms of social media marketing
- Campaign management experience
- A deep knowledge of social media marketing and content strategy
- You love being in social media - your own profiles should reflect that
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (A gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site