Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company.We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
In this new role as Creative Director you will develop and manage all aspects of Starling’s brand strategy including design and creative output.
- Provide a creative vision for the whole organisation
- Act as the primary voice of brand and design, working across all aspects of Starling’s external presence: Retail, SME and Banking as a Service as well as internal corporate branding projects
- Lead the development of the Starling brand
- Manage, both as a direct line manager and through a collaborative approach with stakeholders, the overall creative output for Starling
- Lead the design and creative elements of all projects and act as quality control over all design elements
- Develop creative programs and design concepts to meet business objectives and advance Starling’s brand
- Ensure that all creative elements of design work meet commercial objectives (on time and on budget)
- Relevant experience in web economy or other tech environment; understanding of the core design principles
- Online portfolio or series of case studies demonstrating work
- An eye for visual and interaction design, with the ability to design for both actual human users and bots
- Able to formulate, test and evaluate design hypotheses using a scientific method
- Experience of collaboration with the product management, engineering and test teams to ensure the implementation nails it
- Track record of creating excellent brand and design work from concept to production
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site