Payments Specialist (London)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are now looking for a Payments Specialist to join us and support our growth.
What your day will involve:
- Being part of the Payment Operations team and being responsible for Payment Schemes, including: BACs, CASS, Faster Payments, and SWIFT/SEPA.
- Support payment processing.
- Provide subject matter expert payment support.
- Ensuring that appropriate payment policies and procedures are updated on a periodic basis and reflect regulatory changes.
- Show ownership and accountability for offering solutions that help and benefit our customers.
- Actively seek to improve processes and workflows.
- Support incident management.
- Must have experience in a back office banking environment.
- Must have detailed knowledge of at least two Payment Schemes.
- Knowledge of payments guidelines, scheme rules and regulatory framework.
- Ability to balance workload, dealing with multiple priorities and ability to work within a team in a changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site