Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
To accelerate the growth of our business and our commitment to create 400 new jobs over the next few years, we are keen to expand our recruitment team. This role will predominantly focus on supporting the growth in our Southampton office, as well as hiring in London.
Some of the areas you will be working on are:
- Implementing staffing plans.
- Drafting and agreeing job descriptions and creating job advertisements which attract and retain the best people.
- Sourcing candidates directly and by advertising jobs on career pages, job boards and social networks.
- Managing suppliers and building relationships ensuring they work effectively on Starling’s behalf.
- Designing appropriate methods for candidate selection and evaluation.
- Managing the end to end recruitment process, shortlisting and conducting first round interviews where appropriate, evaluating candidates and providing feedback, on-boarding successful candidates.
- Supporting job fairs and/or other recruitment experiences to drive hiring.
- Growing Starling’s reputation as an employer of choice.
- Drive for Results.
- Customer Orientation.
- Experience with a recruitment or search firm or as part of an in-house recruiting team – tech or financial services experience an advantage.
- Experience in building sourcing strategies.
- Organisational skills to multi-task and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site