Mobile Engineer (London or Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 500,000 accounts, including over 30,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £250m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 380 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are very open about how we deliver software - have a look at our QCon presentations or engineering podcasts to see what our developers have been up to. You can also try coding against your own bank account with us using our open APIs (see the developer site)
Starling engineers love building things, creating new stuff, learning new technologies and working with others across all areas of the business to bring brilliant products and features to life. We’re open-minded when it comes to hiring and we care more about aptitude and attitude than specific experience or qualifications. If you care enough to find elegant solutions to difficult technical problems, we’d love to hear from you.
We have native iOS and Android apps written in Swift and Kotlin respectively. The apps are award winning and the main channel for customers using the bank. We are looking for mobile engineers to work on these apps who:
- Want to work on a feature rich mobile app with millions of customers;
- Can produce robust, well tested code that will give our customers the reliability that they need;
- Care about the product, the user experience and the design;
- Think (like us) that a small number of empowered developers is the right way to deliver software;
- We recruit engineers at all experience levels and our salaries reflect this. We range from £40,000 to £120,000 dependant on experience.
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday day off and 16 hours a year to spend on volunteering.
- Check out our careers page for perks!
- Job originally posted: 18 January 2016 (continuous hiring).