International Payments & Trade Manager - SME
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we are an established player, supporting more than 600,000 customers, including more than 45,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
As the Manager for International Payments and Trade, your role will to be examine the opportunities to help SMEs grow internationally, and through education and information improve the usage and engagement with our international payments capability. You will develop a strong understanding of the International Trade market and use this to help SMEs grow.
In this role you will develop the international payments and trade proposition and education for Starling SME customers. This will include:
- Act as a central owner of the international payments and trade education for Starling customers.
- Assist in the development of new products and propositions to support Starling customers that wish to grow cross border business.
- Research on the international landscape to understand what issues our customers will face when trading with different countries and geographies.
- Act as an SME in regard to any customer queries around international trade.
- Attend SME specific events to promote Starlings expertise in enabling international trade.
- Support brand awareness through high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Experience within a banking or finance business focussing on international payments and trade.
- Experience of working with business customers that want to commence cross border business. This can be face to face or through the production of educational material.
- Understanding of global issues impacting this international payments and trade.
- Understanding of the competitor landscape.
- Ability to work with fluctuating demands and priorities.
- Experience working in Financial Services, specifically banking desirable.
- Experience of dealing within a regulated environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self Management; confident in taking initiative to deliver the right experience to our customers.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site