SME Pricing Manager
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we’re an established player, supporting more than 775,000 customers, including more than 59,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
As a SME Pricing Manager, you will have responsibility for keeping Starling up to date with all advances in the SME Banking and Lending market. Your insight will help us ensure that we remain competitive and informed on how our product and service offerings compare to our peers. You will report to the Head of Pricing.
- Develop financial models to support the introduction of new products for SMEs.
- Drive insightful pricing recommendations to the senior leadership team, to support the development of commercial propositions and pricing.
- Deliver insight into the SME Banking and Lending market (products, services, pricing, market trends) to support pricing recommendations.
- Maintain a record of competitor products, services, pricing and wider market intelligence, providing timely updates to the SME Team.
- Provide insights to the SME Team to help in the development of the commercial franchise and help shape what the future looks like for SME banking.
- Experience working in Financial Services, specifically Banking or Lending.
- Experience in a commercial pricing role, strong excel modelling skills.
- Understanding of retail or SME banking and related services.
- Understanding of the history of SME banking and the factors driving change in the market, this will include the RBS remedies grants and how this affects competition.
- Experience of dealing within a regulated environment.
- Ability to work with fluctuating demands and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self Management; confident in taking initiative to deliver the right experience to our partners.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site