Credit Risk Analyst - 12 Month Maternity Cover (London)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst with a passion for analysing data and driving customer outcomes. An individual that is comfortable working with large data sets alongside experience in the manipulation of data across multiple systems.
- Analytical insight to refine and optimise credit strategies, including credit policy rules, affordability assessment and scorecard development.
- Analytical insight across the credit lifecycle covering acquisition, account management, collections and loan loss provisioning.
- The development and maintenance of management information providing value-add analytics and insights culminating in recommendations to optimise portfolio performance.
- The development and maintenance of management information to optimise customer experience in relation to credit assessments
- 1-2 years experience in SQL (preferable PostgreSQL)
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups and VBA
- Strong research skills; analytical and problem-solving skills
- Data driven with the desire to learn and develop new skills/analytics techniques
- Familiarity with core statistical techniques such as significance testing, correlation, regression, distributions, different machine learning techniques and basic predictive modelling
- Knowledge of designing/ developing/ maintaining reporting systems
- Demonstrated experience using statistical, analytical and visualisation skills to generate insights
- Ability to learn quickly and understand financial products and system architecture
- Able to work to project deadlines both effectively and efficiently
- Work closely with colleagues to meet deadlines
- The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining high levels of attention to detail
- University degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Physics
- Working knowledge of R and / or Python is preferable
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (A gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site