Company Secretarial Assistant/Assistant Company Secretary
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company.We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
As Starling Bank grows, it requires an experienced Company Secretarial Assistant to support and report to the Deputy Company Secretary.
This is a new role and will suit an experienced company secretariat assistant who is looking to move into an exciting fintech environment where the focus is on ambitious plans for growth.
The successful candidate will be comfortable operating at all levels of an organisation.
The work will include
- Board governance – ensuring proper notice of meetings, an effective Board calendar, preparation of agendas, planners and packs;
- Minute taking for some Board and Executive Committees and ensuring board meetings and other board level committee meetings function smoothly and effectively;
- Updating action logs, arranging director training, assisting with board evaluation; and
- Assisting with the management and development of Starling Bank’s existing corporate governance framework.
- Company Secretarial/Corporate Governance/Financial background
- Experienced and confident minute taker
- A high degree of self motivation and professionalism
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options