Senior Credit Risk Analyst (London or Cardiff)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 675,000 accounts, including over 54,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £500m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office. We’re creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are looking for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst with a passion for analysing data and driving customer outcomes. An individual that is comfortable working with large data sets alongside experience in the manipulation of data across multiple systems.
- Develop and maintain the management information providing value-add analytics and insights culminating in actionable recommendations to optimise portfolio performance.
- Design, refine and optimise credit strategies, including credit policy rules, affordability assessment and scorecard development across the full customer lifecycle for both the commercial and consumer portfolios.
- Manage the loan loss provisioning process.
- Articulately communicate actionable insights to senior management
- Build and manage internal and external partnership relationships to ensure effective delivery of projects.
- Influence and guide colleagues across a range of abilities
- 3-4 years' experience in SQL (preferable PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of R and / or Python
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups and VBA
- 1-2 year’s experience mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong communication skills
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Data driven with the desire to learn and develop new skills/analytics techniques
- Familiarity with core statistical techniques such as significance testing, correlation, regression, distributions, different machine learning techniques and basic predictive modelling
- Knowledge of designing/ developing/ maintaining reporting systems
- Demonstrated experience using statistical, analytical and visualisation skills to generate insights
- Ability to learn quickly and understand financial products and system architecture
- Able to work to project deadlines both effectively and efficiently
- Work closely with colleagues to meet deadlines
- The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining high levels of attention to detail
- University degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Physics
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (A gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site