Internal Communications Manager (London)
We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We've built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 825,000 accounts in total: 760,000 retail current accounts and 66,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). We're on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 780 people across our London & Southampton offices, with more to come from Cardiff.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are seeking someone to run our internal communications, working within our People team and liaising with all areas of the business.
- plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin
- work with the head of corporate affairs to establish an internal communications strategy
- Liaise with the head of corporate affairs to keep employees updated about the business
- keep employees updated about employee initiatives
- plan and run internal communications events
- draft messages or scripts for senior executive presentations to employees
- ensure internal communications messages are consistent with the Starling Tone of Voice and with external communication messages
- contribute to employee engagement initiatives helping manage change
- significant experience in internal communications with demonstrable evidence of building an internal communications strategy
- experience working in a high-growth fast-paced environment
- proactive and self-motivated
- excellent written communication skills
- able to work collaboratively
- creative, innovative thinking
- strong execution skills and attention to detail
- strong sense of accountability and ownership
- keen to be hands on; think, make and do
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site