Credit Chargeback Specialist (London)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Within our Operations team, we are currently looking for people to help provide support with Chargebacks in line with MasterCard Scheme rules. We are looking for support with the following:
- Liaising with both merchants and customers over in-app chats, phone and email to help solve Chargeback inquiries and questions
- Creating and maintaining Chargeback disputes through MasterCard Connect in line with timeframes, regulations and requirements
- Keeping up to date with the MasterCard rules to ensure claims are submitted correctly
- Proactively documenting processes and identifying continuous improvement ideas as new procedures get developed regarding Chargeback activities
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, yet still drive for results without detailed procedures in place
- Proven experience working in a Chargebacks role either within a banking environment or for a merchant
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of the MasterCard Authorisation chargeback policies
- Ability to manage relationships between multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with growing volumes
- Results oriented, with a drive for action to complete tasks in a timely and high quality manner
Offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory passing of background checks covering both your financial and criminal history.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site