SME Product Analyst - Marketplace
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. Since launching we’ve opened more than 650,000 accounts, including over 46,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people across our offices in London and Southampton.
A key component of our offering is the Starling Marketplace, a carefully curated selection of complementary third party products and services available in the Starling app so customers can manage all their finances from one place. From insurance to accounting software, these integrations leverage our industry-leading API infrastructure to provide superior user experiences and enhance the overall Starling customer proposition.
We are now looking for a proactive Product Analyst to support the growth and optimisation of the Marketplace and our open API activity more broadly. A core member of the Marketplace team, you will be/become a subject matter expert in our open API work, and work closely with our engineering, commercial and customer teams to optimise the Marketplace experience.
This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing, highly-skilled and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking, providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
As Marketplace Product Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Partnerships Managers to on-board new partners, with a particular focus on demo and production testing guidance for partners.
- Working with partners and Starling’s engineering and customer service teams to address any integration issues, using tools like Humio to troubleshoot. Effectively acting as first point of contact for technical questions on Starling’s Marketplace and open API.
- Overseeing the integration experience and ensuring the partners’ are building according to specification through maintaining Marketplace’s Implementation guide.
- Analysing product performance, compiling and assessing key metrics to help guide product iteration and optimisation, using tools such as Amplitude.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on Starling’s open API and marketplace infrastructure.
- Working with UX to define, release, test and refine feature changes.
- Coordinating AISP/PISP access, ensuring Starling remains compliant with PSD2, and working with legal, engineering etc. to do so.
- A proactive problem-solver capable of using their initiative to overcome hurdles.
- A willingness to learn and become a subject matter expert in emerging fields such as open banking.
- Data driven with the desire to learn and develop new skills/analytics techniques.
- A strong team player who enjoys collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining high levels of attention to detail.
- An understanding/experience of working on software products would be advantageous.
- SQL skills would be advantageous.
- An interest in fintech and open banking.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free breakfast every Friday
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options