Financial Analyst - Retail Banking
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 600,000 accounts, including over 45,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £400m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office, with plans to create up to 150 new jobs at our Southampton site.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
To support our ongoing growth we’re looking to recruit a Financial Analyst - Retail Banking.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a new and vibrant institution and to shape the bank’s infrastructure for delivering Retail Banking.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Act as a business partner to the Retail bank
- Maintenance of General Ledger and interfaces for the retail bank
- Documentation and advice on accounting policies and procedures
- Key input into the Group Budgeting and forecasting process
- Monthly management accounts
- Regulatory & Statutory reporting
- Preparation of documents to support business decision making.
- Compliance with legislation and regulation
The successful candidate will have a strong background in the UK banking market, including setting up processes and procedures. They will also be very familiar with IFRS reporting and the UK regulatory reporting requirements including Statistical, Supervisory, COREP and FINREP.
Criteria for individuals:
- Chartered Accountant, with post qualified experience within the Financial Services sector
- An ability to create, improve and challenge existing processes and procedures
- Exposure to multi jurisdictional regulated businesses is a benefit.
- Lead and develop less experienced members of staff
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site