Senior People Partner (London or Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 675,000 accounts, including over 54,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £500m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office. We’re creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Our People Team is dedicated to finding fantastic people and creating an enjoyable working environment where employees can thrive, grow and develop (plus all the legal/regulatory stuff underpinning that). To support our growth, we are now looking for a Senior People Partner. In this role you will take the lead in delivering our people plan for a key business area as well as providing development and mentoring support within the People team.
This is a broad, generalist role and your focus will change depending on employee needs and business priorities. Some of the areas you will be working on are:
- Resource planning, recruiting and onboarding - working with our in-house recruitment resources to grow talented, diverse teams
- Culture and Engagement - play a key role in listening to employee feedback, identifying areas for improvement and delivering change to support and promote our culture
- Coaching and Development - work with senior leaders and managers to improve/enhance their leadership effectiveness by providing day to day advice and feedback
- Reward - inform decision making for reward processes and provide market analysis and insight
- Talent Management - identify and actively manage our talent ensuring we retain and develop our best people
- Organisational Design - provide proactive advice to improve the effectiveness of our teams and manage change as we scale
- HR Operations and MI - provide input to the People Operations team to ensure accurate data and take responsibility for reporting to support our people decision-making
- Significant experience in an HR or People function, which has given you a solid grounding as a generalist;
- Experience working in a fast-paced growing tech business;
- Financial services experience within a regulated environment would be advantageous;
- A strength/preference in Reward, Engagement or Talent Management would be a useful addition to the team;
- A keen interest in technology and an understanding and willingness to develop your knowledge further
- Strong execution skills and acute attention to detail;
- Numerate, with an evidence-based approach to decision making;
- Able to deliver effective results and meet deadlines in a flexible, organic, fast-paced environment.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site