Onboarding Team Lead (Southampton)
We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We've built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 825,000 accounts in total: 760,000 retail current accounts and 66,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). We're on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 780 people across our London & Southampton offices, with more to come from Cardiff.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Our aim is to give customers clarity and control over their money by allowing customers to manage their money entirely through the Starling banking app. The app is connected to 24/7/365 support - the customer service team is at the heart of our company.
As a team leader, you inspire and motivate your team to give the best service to our customers. You lead from the front, showcasing your finely tuned customer service skills on a daily basis. Not only that, we look to you to share solutions that will make our's, and our customers lives, better.
- Positively influence and contribute to the team culture.
- Motivate, coach and develop staff in the Contact Centre.
- Acting as a KYC and KYB subject matter expert; sharing technical expertise and guidance with the wider Onboarding team.
- Performing a risk assessment on new account applicants (customers and/or businesses).
- Show ownership and accountability for offering solutions to benefit our customers and the business.
- Drive continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre and the business.
- Actively improve processes, workflows and service to our customers.
- Coordinating with key stakeholders and senior management.
- Conducting Quality assurance for the team.
- Preparing and distributing reports to the wider business.
- Experience of managing a team in a financial services environment.
- Accountable leader with strong customer focus.
- Ability to train team members and adapt to training styles.
- Ability to adapt to, and lead people through change.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements of KYC and KYB.
- KYC and KYB experience within a financial institution.
- Experience in reviewing identification documents.
- Understanding of CIFAS and SIRA.
- Knowledge of Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and mitigate the financial crime risks associated with onboarding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance workload and schedules with multiple priorities.
- Flexibility to work when required to provide 24/7/365 support.
- Management of key stakeholders and ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options. Full details are available on our careers site.