Quality Assurance Analyst - AML/Fraud (London)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Team Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Interpretation of AML Risk standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Conducting Quality Assurance of AML & Fraud related investigations, complying with relevant legislation such as TACT and POCA
- Quality Assurance on the drafting of SARs which are submitted to authorities
- Quality Assurance of monitored transactions and identification of suspicious activity and the investigations that have taken place around it
- Liaising with law enforcement and other banks, establishing and managing the ongoing relationships with financial crime counterparts
- Interact with specialists around their communication of potential victims of fraud, in order to make sure that they’re correctly establishing circumstances and requesting additional information where appropriate
- Keeping up to date with the latest financial crime legislation, developments and requirements across the sector
- Working to a high standard, meeting strict timeframes
- Providing appropriate feedback, to AML/Fraud specialists, on the above
- You will have 3-5 years’ Quality Assurance experience in a Retail Bank environment, particularly within a Financial Crime function
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Forensic Accounting, Criminal Justice (focusing on financial crime) or equivalent work experience
- Experience in conducting investigations
- Experience using detection and reporting software, such as CIFAS and SIRA
- Knowledge of the DPA/GDPR and JMLSG preferable
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ability to understand complex problems and identify potential solutions, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research, organisational, analytical and comprehension skills, with the ability to analyse large amounts of data
- Proven ability identifying issues/defects and recommending solutions
- Demonstrated experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Working knowledge of AML, Terrorist Finance statutes, and governing bodies
- Experience in delivering face to face and remote feedback
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options. Full details are available on our careers site.