Finance Lead - Starling International (Dublin)
We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We've built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 825,000 accounts in total: 760,000 retail current accounts and 66,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). We're on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 780 people across our London & Southampton offices, with more to come from Cardiff.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Starling has begun its international expansion and to support the launch of Starling International, we are looking for an outstanding Finance Lead to own the establishment of Starling International’s finance function, as well as support on Starling’s Irish banking licence application.
This individual will be the first finance hire and the key point of contact for all daily finance matters relating to Starling’s international subsidiary and will be focused on building the day-to-day operations of the finance team and supporting the establishment of the entity in Ireland. The role will initially include the following:
- Establishing the finance fundamentals - Cash management, accounts payable and payroll;
- Building an efficient mechanism for local and European regulatory and taxation reporting;
- Reporting on financial performance to local executives and the UK executive team; and
- Supporting the Strategy team to produce financial analysis, forecasts and business plans to facilitate discussions with the Irish and European regulators.
You will be one of the first hires into the Irish subsidiary, reporting to the Strategy team and will have a lot of exposure to the Starling leadership team, including the CEO/founder.
This role would offer you the unique experience of working at the top level of Starling and support it on its next stage of its international growth and expansion.
- You will be ACA qualified from a Big 4 accounting firm, with 3-5 years post qualification experience
- You must have financial services experience, ideally in a regulated environment
- You will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of a retail banking business model
- Ideally you have experience working in an FP&A and/or regulatory reporting role within an established or high growth financial services business
- Strong experience in financial modelling and performing agile and dependable analysis in Excel
- Ability to take a logical and data-driven approach to any task, even if it’s something you’ve never done before
- Ability to do and to lead, as well as working autonomously in a team with minimal formal structure