Workplace Technology Analyst (Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Our Workplace Technology team look after all the tech our employees use on a daily basis, making sure we have access to everything we need (equipment, software, web apps etc.) to work efficiently. We use a combination of macOS and Windows, as well as G-Suite, Office 365, Okta, Jamf, InTune, and wide variety of other services.
The Workplace Technology Analyst would be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring staff have access to the hardware, software, and services they need to work efficiently.
- Supporting the onboarding and offboarding of staff.
- Basic networking tasks such as patching and minor configuration changes.
- Helping the team to manage asset inventory, procurement, repairs, auditing, and licensing.
- Being the 1st line of support for all Workplace Technology issues.
The ideal candidate for the role would:
- Be able to succinctly communicate basic technology issues to other members of the Workplace Technology team.
- Work with other members of the Workplace Technology team to apply solutions to problems.
- Be able to complete all tasks, no matter how small, to a high level.
- Have good written English skills and able to document technology processes.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.