Product Manager - SME Unsecured Lending
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve opened more than 775,000 accounts, including over 59,000 SME accounts, and our customers trust us with over £500m of their money. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 500 people in our City of London office. We’re creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Reporting to the Head of Lending, we are looking for a Product Manager - SME Unsecured Lending to own and manage the design and creation of the Banks SME Unsecured Lending product suite. This is a key role in supporting the growth of a sustainable SME lending portfolio across the Bank.
- Day to day ownership of the creation of our SME Unsecured Lending product suite.
- Build a deep understanding of customer lending needs, focusing on successful outcomes for our customers with the Lending, Commercial and Technology teams.
- Design and build of SME Unsecured lending products.
- Liaise with key stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure successful creation and release of new/enhanced SME Unsecured Lending products.
- Support the delivery of SME Unsecured Lending product suite to both existing and new sales channels.
- Quality assurance and post implementation review of new products, providing feedback/suggestions for improvement as appropriate at both operational and executive level.
- React to and anticipate regulatory changes impacting SME Unsecured lending products; developing contingency plans and strategic responses to potential change in the provision of SME Lending products.
- Proven experience in the creation and design of unsecured products within the SME lending sector.
- Previous working experience and knowledge of all types of SME lending products.
- SME market knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Experience working alongside credit, technology, compliance, commercial and operations functions in the creation of SME Lending products.
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Highly organised with a high attention to detail, with the ability to deliver to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience working in a growing business environment.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (A gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options