Onboarding Team Member - Business/Evenings (Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are looking for an Onboarding Team Member to join our team and support our growth for a next generation, digital bank around the clock; 24/7/365. This is a part time opportunity to work specifically in our evening team. It is a 20 hour per week contract, working five shifts of 4 hours each, all within the window of 17:00-00:00.
The Onboarding Team's Responsibilities include:
- Performing a risk assessment on new business account applicants.
- Obtaining information and supporting documentation to complete KYC and KYB due diligence.
- Performing due diligence on customer and business documentation using internal and external sources (such as CIFAS and SIRA).
- Understanding and overseeing the identification of high risk applications (including PEPs and Sanction matches).
- Identifying trends and unusual activity where appropriate.
- Working to a high standard, meeting strict timeframes.
- Complete or ongoing further educational studies.
- A keen eye for detail.
- An interest in the FinTech industry.
- An ability to take a holistic approach to self-driven investigation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements of KYC and KYB.
- KYC and KYB experience within a financial institution.
- Experience in decision making upon completion of investigation.
- Experience in reviewing identification documents.
- Understanding of CIFAS and SIRA.
- Knowledge of Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and mitigate the financial crime risks associated with onboarding.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options. Full details are available on our careers site.