Payments Administrator (London)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
What your day will involve:
- Being part of the Payment Operations team and being responsible for Direct Debit mandates, Cheque deposits, customer queries, disputes and preparing customer letters.
- Supporting the Payment Specialists in payment processing and providing SME knowledge of relevant procedures to the wider Operations department.
- Ensuring external and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Assisting with ensuring that appropriate payment procedures are updated on a periodic basis and reflect any changes to the process.
- Actively seeking to improve processes and workflows within the Payment Operations team.
- General payments knowledge from experience in a financial services role.
- Strong interest in developing your knowledge of Payment Operations in a back office operational team.
- Strong experience in using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to balance workload when dealing with multiple priorities.
- Ability to work within a team in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options. Full details are available on our careers site.