Customer Service Team Member - Evenings (Southampton)
Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 775,000 accounts in total: 695,000 retail current accounts, 59,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and a further 22,000 retail euro accounts. We’re on track to hit one million accounts before the end of 2019. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £600 million and are expected to top £1 billion over the same period.
We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 600 people in our City of London office. We’re also creating up to 150 new jobs at our new Southampton site. We have secured a £100m award from the Capability and Innovation fund to transform SME Banking. Within the banking team we are leading and shaping the delivery of this award to help deliver the transformation in UK Banking that is Starling’s ambition.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We are looking for dynamic, passionate individuals to join our team and drive exceptional customer service for a next generation, digital bank around the clock; 24/7/365. These are opportunities to join our team on a part time (20 hours per week) basis, to work during the evenings. Shifts will be between 5:00pm-12:00am. Got plans and need a night off? Shift swaps are available!
The Customer Service Team’s responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional customer service via phone, email, live chat and social media.
- Showing ownership and accountability for offering solutions to help and benefit our customers.
- Maintaining high service standards and continually improve the service to our customers.
- Responding to customer complaints and escalating issues as necessary.
- Supporting continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre.
- Actively seeking to improve processes and workflows.
- Working well within a dynamic team environment.
- Investigating and resolving issues whilst proactively seeking solutions.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to balance workload and deal with multiple priorities.
- Aptitude to work with a team in a changing environment.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We host a company social once a month and have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site