Operations Design Associate - SME (London)
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
From small entrepreneurs with big ambitions to fanatical freelancers going it alone, SMEs just want one thing: to get on with the business of running their business. That’s why Starling built its SME bank accounts to be free, uncomplicated and quick to set up. We really understand the needs of SMEs - after all, it’s not that long since we started out to build our state-of-the art digital banking platform from scratch. Now, we’re an established player, supporting more than 775,000 customers, including more than 59,000 SME accounts.
We’ve recently been awarded £100m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. We’d like to invite you to join our fast-growing, highly-skilled, caring and passionate team as we embark on the next stage of our incredible journey to drive even more long-term and meaningful change in banking
We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
- This role will be part of the Operations Strategy and Scalability team, and will be responsible for supporting the following:
- Analysis, design and delivery of customer experience improvements for SME customers to attract new customers to Starling
- Analysis, design and delivery of process improvements and automation to increase efficiency and customer/ client experience
- Using data analysis to drive service improvements and operational efficiencies including greater straight through processing
- Use data analysis to support product and app development for SMEs
- Explore the use of new tools and technologies such as AI to deliver excellent service to SMEs
- Strong background in UK Business (preferred) or Retail Banking market
- Experience working for a top-tier Consulting firm or delivering transformation at a bank
- Passionate about facilitating operational efficiency and continuously improving processes and procedures through technological advancements
- Experience in at least two of the following:
- Service Design/ Customer Experience excellence
- Business architecture and target operating model implementation
- Process improvement (e.g. LSS), RPA analysis and delivery
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment and to balance workload with multiple priorities
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast - bacon and egg rolls to vegan sausage butties.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options.
Full details are available on our careers site.